About Vein Removal Treatment
At Skin Smart Clinic our Gentle Max Pro, Yag Laser Vein Removal Laser, is used in the treatment of vascular skin concerns such as facial redness, facial veins and leg veins also referred to as thread veins, spider veins and broken capillaries.
How does Laser Vein Removal work?
The Gentle Max Pro Laser targets the vein with energy leaving the surrounding area undisturbed. The haemoglobin inside the vein absorbs the energy and causes the blood to vaporise and the vein simply collapses. The treated vessels will in time disappear naturally as the body dissolves the vein fragments away. Vascular skin concerns such as facial veins commonly referred to as spider veins, thread veins and broken capillaries are often a result of genetics, sun exposure, life style and other factors such as rosacea.
The vein removal laser treatment is most effective for small to medium size thread veins. The latest advances in laser technology quickly and safely treat unsightly broken and dilated blood vessels without any major complications. The treatment for these broken capillaries is so precise and controlled making it possible to gently eliminate the unwanted vessels with minimal downtime. Results can be seen in as little as one treatment with Gentle Max Pro’s Medical Grade Laser Vein Removal treatment.
Benefits of Laser Vein Removal
- Clearer complexion in minutes
- Medical grade laser
- Non invasive
- Visible reduction of spider veins, thread veins, broken capillaries
- Treats all skin types safely
- Minimal discomfort
- Effective rosacea treatment in combination with medical grade skincare
- Treats all areas of the body and face
Thread Vein Treatment Aftercare Factsheet
After the treatment it is common for the area to feel slightly warm or even hot. Some clients experience local swelling, erythema, redness, bruising, crusting, scabbing, vascular oedema, purpura, darkening of the vessel, or mild tenderness. These symptoms may appear immediately or a few days after treatment. The use of 100% Aloe Vera and a cold compress/ice pack/cool pack is recommended directly after the treatment and for a few days if necessary.
Some darkening of the veins may occur throughout the treatment area. This is a normal and expected reaction, indicating a successful treatment and will fade in the coming weeks.
For 4 Weeks After Treatment
- You should avoid exposure to UV light i.e. sun-beds and sun bathing.
- A high SPF50+ factor should be applied when outside. Excessive exposure can cause hypo or hyper pigmentation of the skin.
For the next 48 hours
Avoid all heat treatments such as:
- Steam Rooms
- Hot Baths
- Hot showers
- Excessive exercise / swimming
- Avoid all perfumed creams, soaps and lotions on the treatment area
- Do not touch pick or scratch the area
- Avoid excessively spicy foods and alcohol
- Avoid extremes of hot and cold
- Avoid exfoliation products (chemical or abrasive) for 10-14 days after treatments
An ice-cold compress can be applied if the area feels hot or uncomfortable.
NOTE: If you find the area sensitive, continue the list above for the next week.